Recipe by Peter J
Nice and different way to prepare freshly shucked oysters on the BBQ. The quantities below are what I used but just do it to taste depending on the size of the oysters and olives. It might be stating the obvious but you will need to be an oyster / olive lover to enjoy this.
- 6 oysters, shucked with lower half of shell retained
- 12 green olives, pitted (stuffed ones are fine)
- 6 teaspoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely cut each olive into four slices and layer eight pieces over each oyster in the shell.
- Top with a teaspoon (or to taste / fill shell) of shredded mozzarella.
- Grind black pepper over the top to taste.
- Place over medium heat on BBQ grill plate and cook until cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer around five minutes.
- Place on plate and let them sit a few minutes before serving.