1/11 Photos of BBQ or Roasted Spiced Leg of Lamb
1 hr 20 mins
Delicious either roasted or barbecued. Check internal temperature. You want it to be pink (160°F). Remember that it continues to cook a bit after you remove it from the cooking source Don't be shy with the garlic. Try serving a bit of Horseradish on the side as well as mint jelly. In the pictures I cooked a very small leg just large enough for 2 people.It was excellent
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the Lamb fat side down on a plate or Pyrex dish.
- 2Mix garlic with the oil.
- 3Salt & pepper.
- 4Work the mixture into the folds covering the lamb surface completely.
- 5Grind the three herbs together and spread over underside of the lamb. Rub it into the lamb well.
- 6To BBQ: Place meat skin side down on an oiled grill. Close the cover and cook over medium high heat for approx 45 minutes. Watch for flame ups, but do not flip the roast.
- 7To Roast: Pour the wine and water into the roasting pan and bake in 375°F oven for 1 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (oven roast potatoes for the last 40 minutes with the roast).
- 8Let stand 5 minutes before carving.
- 9Check internal temperature: 160°F is medium rare - just pink.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ or Roasted Spiced Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.3
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 365.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 93.2 g