Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is so attractive and tasty. If you are using wooden skewers soak them for at least an hour. Prep time does not include the marinating time.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rind lemon, finely grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices (zucchini should only be approx 1 1/2-inch around)
- 1 summer squash or 1 yellow zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 12 red pearl onions, peeled
- 12 white pearl onions, peeled
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Combine the marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Skewer the veggies alternating them for attractive color variation on 6 skewers.
- Marinate them for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Over medium heat 6" from heat source cook the veggies, brush them with the remaining marinade, turn cook half way through cooking total time is apprx approx 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are tender.