Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is so attractive and tasty. If you are using wooden skewers soak them for at least an hour. Prep time does not include the marinating time.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rind lemon, finely grated
- salt, to taste
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices (zucchini should only be approx 1 1/2-inch around)
- 1 summer squash or 1 yellow zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 12 red pearl onions, peeled
- 12 white pearl onions, peeled
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Skewer the veggies alternating them for attractive color variation on 6 skewers.
- Marinate them for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Over medium heat 6" from heat source cook the veggies, brush them with the remaining marinade, turn cook half way through cooking total time is apprx approx 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are tender.