Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We had these at my husband's favorite BBQ restaurant, "Famous Dave's", and we BOTH fell in love with them. It's a meal in and of itself, and SO DELICIOUS (and easy, too!).
- 1 (15 ounce) bag tortilla chips (any shape, size you like...baked works well too)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof your favorite baked beans (again, any flavor you prefer)
- 1 lb of shredded meat in barbecue sauce (pork, beef or chicken..you choose. I just use the tub of meat, found in the refrigerated section, if)
- 3 -4 cups tomatoes, diced small
- 3 -4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jalapeno pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream (light or fat free is fine)
- 8 ounces your favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.) Heat up BBQ meat and baked beans in separate containers til hot (microwave is fine).
- 2.) Place chips in a single layer on large serving platter or baking sheet.
- 3.) Place on the chips (in this order): beans, meat, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, BBQ sauce, jalapenos, cheese (for the sour cream and BBQ sauce, if you want a bit more precision than just plopping it on top, I'd suggest putting each into separate sandwich bags, cutting of one of the corners and piping it on top of the platter).
- 4.) Serve and enjoy!
My Dad loves Famous Dave's...so I made him a whole Famous Dave's meal including this. These are quick and easy and tasted fabulous!
These were so easy to make and absolutely delicious! Quite the different take on nachos but still yummy. The baked beans add a great touch, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
These were awesome...I actually used chili beans instead of baked beans and they were awesome!