Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a wonderful way to cook mushroom's on the Barbie. The spices give the mushroom's a wonderful flavour!
- 4 mushrooms, flat large, stalks trimmed, sliced into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Brazilian Spice Ingredients
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili, flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Combine the mushrooms, garlic, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl.
- Season the mushroom mixture with salt and pepper and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- To make the spice mix, combine all the spices together.
- Toss the spices through the mushroom mixture and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms on a preheated BBQ plate (medium heat) & BBQ and grill, carefully turning mushroom's frequently, until the mushroom are a golden brown colour.
- Remove and serve.
Love these mushrooms and love the spices in them! Left out the allspice (not a favourite flavour for me) and threw in a small handful of green herbs. Like Jan, I cooked these inside on a cast iron skillet.
Beautiful mushies that got a big thumbs up from both of us. Russ brought home 6 medium sized ones to have with our steak, so to keep the fat count down, I halved the oil and then thought 1/2 a lime would be better for balance (that was more than enough) but made all the spice mix. I cooked these inside in a cast iron pan over low heat which worked perfectly.