Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adaptation of a BBC recipe I found. Morton Bay bugs are probably only available in Australia but small lobster tails would also be suitable (or one large lobster tail).
- 3 morton bay bugs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 g butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blanch bugs in a small pot of water containing the teaspoon of salt for around two minutes.
- Remove the tails ny tearing from the body as close as possible to the head without bringing any organs along.
- Run a knife down the length of the belly of the tail and remove the thin sections to either side.
- Melt butter by microwaving in a cup for 30 seconds or so.
- Add parsley, chilli sauce, crushed garlic, chilli flakes and pepper and mix well.
- Fill bug tails with plenty of the mixture.
- Place tails shell side down over BBQ grill plate and cook around 10 minutes over medium heat.