ZWT7, South & Central America. 5 stars on http://www.bbcgoodfood.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the plantains and cut them crossways into slices 2.5cm thick.
- 2Lay each plantain on a large sheet of foil, keeping the slices together so they stay in their original shape.
- 3Smear each plaintain with the butter (or dot it over if it's hard) and sprinkle with the sugar.
- 4Make a gondola shape round each plantain with the foil, then pour over the orange juice and grind salt and pepper on top if using.
- 5Wrap the foil completely round the plantains so they're securely sealed inside. (You can prepare to this stage up to 24 hours ahead.).
- 6Put the foil parcels on the barbecue rack and cook for 30 minutes until the plantains are softened (to check if they're ready, open a parcel and test with the point of a knife).
- 7Sprikle with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Melt-In-Your-Mouth Plantains
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 36.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g