Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick wedges (4 medium)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange on baking sheet; bake 10 minutes in lower third of oven.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine egg, 1/4 of the barbecue sauce, onion, bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add ground beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- On rack over broiler pan, shape beef mixture into 4 oval (1-inch thick) patties; cover top of each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Stir vegetables.
- Place meatloaves on oven rack above vegetables; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meatloaves are medium (160 degrees) done and vegetables are tender.