Recipe by Missysioux
this is a mix-n-match recipe that came out super-yummy! the kids loved it as well as hubby. it is VERY moist and does fall apart a bit. throw it over cheddar-mashed potatoes or eat on a bun with cheddar cheese - yum!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great meatloaf! I liked the BBQ sauce on it; a nice change from the usual ketchup or tomato sauce we usually have. I didn't add the tomatoes to the top because DSs would not eat it if they could 'see' the tomatoes so just added the ones mixed in. Cooked up completely in 58 minutes. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together meat, oatmeal, 1/4 c bbq sauce, eggs, onions and 1/2 can diced tomatoes (drained).
- form into a meatloaf
- spread remaining bbq sauce on top/sides.
- dump rest of tomatoes on top of the loaf.
- cook for 1 hour, 15 min (or until no longer pink in center) at 375.