Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My kids aren't big meatloaf fans so I used a couple different recipes to come up with something they love!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Stir together tomato sauce, BBQ sauce and sugar in a large bowl. Set 1/4 c of mixture aside.
- With hands, mix together the remaining ingredients and form into loaf. Place in greased loaf pan.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and drain fat. I slice the meatloaf now and drizzle the remaining sauce on top.
- Continue to bake uncovered for 30 more minutes.
This was very tasty Brenda, a great comfort meal. We enjoyed it very much, served with mashed potatoes and sweet peas. The meat was flavourful and tender, with a lovely zip from the sweet & spicy sauce. Thanks for sharing.