Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a cooking magazine that I've never been able to find again since I first came across the recipe. It's the only meatloaf I'll eat now.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 1 package bread stuffing mix (including spice packet)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (divided)
- cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix beef and stuffing mix (including spices) together.
- Beat eggs and milk slightly, add to meat mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup bbq sauce and mix until combined Place half of meat mixture in loaf pan and sprinkle with cheese (optional).
- Place remainder of meat on top and shape into loaf.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup bbq sauce on top of meat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Like the way this cooked and sliced. Did not have a lot of taste. Will make again. But will add a stronger bbg sauce and add 3/4 cup of chedder cheese to meat mix.
I thought it was great. You have to have a good barbaque sauce.
This is the best meatloaf that I've ever tasted. My family and I loved it and most of us do not care too much for meatloaf. I made the mistake of adding 1 cup of milk rather than 1/4 cup and it still came out great. I've added this recipe to my cookbook and look forward to making it again