Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
This delicious recipe comes from Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness on the web. There are a few changes from the original but this is one tasty way to make meatballs.
Top Review by Two Socks
These meatballs were OK, but they came out of the crockpot with an odd flavor as if they had burned in the sauce. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't add any cracker crumbs and added an egg yolk to make everything bind. I will make these again, but will bake in the oven next time and dilute the sauce with just a bit of water. I think I'll also brown the meatballs on the stove before baking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed cracker (use your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, divided (use your favorite)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE in a large bowl beef, crackers, 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, egg and seasonings.
- MELT margarine in skillet; Saute onion until tender; Add onion to beef mixture and mix well.
- SHAPE beef mixture into 1 ½ inch meatballs and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- BAKE at 350°F for 20 minutes or until just browned.
- POUR remaining sauce in crock pot; Add meatballs and stir gently to cover in sauce.
- COVER and cook on high-heat for 4 hours stirring occasionally.