Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Kudos to mom for this one - she made it when we were at home and now it's a staple at our house. These freeze very well for you make-ahead people and you can double or even tirple the recipe with no problems. Goes really well with mac n cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef, I use nothing less than 80/20
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, I use Kraft original
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine ground beef, rice, salt and pepper and form in to 1" balls. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake covered for 1 hour.
This was a definate keeper. I loved the sauce. I served it over creamy mashed potatoes.