Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was my favorite meal growing up- I still love it! There's a sweet and zesty tang to the sauce! Sometimes I just stick the sauce in the food processor and zap it until it thickens. I been known to replace the breadcrumbs with crushed pretzels in a pinch...a good substitute!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or crushed pretzels in a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using pretzels)
- 2 -3 dashes black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend together Meatball ingredients and shape into 1" balls. Place in a baking dish.
- Mix together Sauce ingredients.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Do not cover.
- Bake 45 minutes- turn then a couple of times during cooking.
- Serve over or beside rice.