Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received an email from my Pampered Chef consultant this morning with this listed as one of the recipes. The directions include the Pampered Chef products that can be used in making this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef, 90% lean
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats (or old-fashioned oats)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine ground beef, oats, bell pepper, onion, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, egg, thyme, salt and black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf in Stoneware Loaf Pan. Insert Digital Thermometer into center of meat loaf. Bake 50 minutes.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat loaf. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center of meat loaf and internal temperature reaches 160°F using Digital Thermometer. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Good! More dense than other recipes I've made. Doubled the recipe and made two meat loaves, put one in the freezer for another night. I used metal loaf pans and may reduce the baking time next time as well as increasing the barbecue sauce. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This meatloaf is SO GOOD!!! I cannot believe it has no reviews yet! Changes I made: I actually did not muck about with this recipe very much. Left out the onions because I do not like onions. Added about 4 minced garlic cloves, 3 sprigs of parsley, and I used Italian herb mix instead of the thyme. And it turned out absolutely delightful! I think I have a new favorite meatloaf recipe. Thank you for sharing!