Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Didi Emmons who states in her cookbook this was the first seitan she tried.
- 8 ounces seitan, thin sliced
- 4 tablespoons smoky mesquite barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons beans or 4 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 4 slices fresh whole grain bread or 4 slices buns
- Note you can use more mayo than 2 tbsps. Add to taste.
- In small saucepan, combine the seitan, BBQ sauce, water over med heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes adding more water if liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In bowl combine mayo and sprouts. Spread over one slice of bread or bottom of bun.
- Top with seitan.
- Add second slice of bread or top of bun. Serve.