Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The lime juice seems to keep these chops tender and juicy. If you want something a little spicier just add 1 tsp of chili to the marinade.
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- salt and pepper
- lime slice (for garnish)
- Mix the marinade in a large "Ziplock" bag or in a shallow glass dish.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Add pork chops to the marinade, coat the chops on both sides.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat BBQ to medium heat.
- Brush chops with reserved marinade and grill turning once.
- Cook for approx 10 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- Place on platter and garnish with lime slices.
WOW!! These chops are delicious!! The lime flavor is just fabulous. Really makes this a stand-out. The meat was moist and juicy. Easy and perfect summertime fare. Thanks Bergy for a super recipe.
Holy Yumminess!! This marinade is great!! After marinating the pork chops, I transferred the marinade into a small saucepan and boiled it while the chops broiled (no BBQ grills allowed in our apartments!) at the very last minute I added a pat of butter to the thickened sauce and poured it over the cooked chops...SOOO GOOD!!! I bet it would be great on fish or shrimp as well!!
wonderful, juicy, bbq pork chops!! What a great combination of flavours in the marinade, the lime, honey and vinegar are a refreshing change!! This is a keeper Bergy and will be enjoyed time and again.