Sassy in da South's Note:
Try these for a break from your regular baked beans. These beans always go over well at our summer cookouts and bbq's. If they are too sweet for your taste, you could add a teaspoon of dijon mustard. Preparation time includes allowing the beans to stand for an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 inches
- 2Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Drain and rinse beans, discarding water.
- 5Return beans to the saucepan.
- 6Add 6 cups water, onions and salt; mix well.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beans are tender.
- 9Drain and discard liquid.
- 10Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, syrup, hot pepper sauce and bacon. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish or bean pot.
- 11Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 12Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 605.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g