Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another way to enjoy scallops in their shell on the barbecue. If you don't enjoy lemon enough to eat with the rind intact you could also just try sprinkling with lemon juice.
- 6 scallops, lower half of shell retained
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 6 cubes
- 1⁄2 small lemon, very finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place a cube of butter into each scallop shell and sprinkle lightly with dill and pepper.
- Place a lemon slice over the top of each scallop.
- Cook over in shell on a medium BBQ grill around 10 minutes or until lemon starts to wilt and scallops are cooked.
Delicious!! These were so easy to prepare, prefect dish as an appetiser. The only problem I had was there wasn't enough. I altered the serving and made 24 of them. Thank you Peter J
i am not able to get scallops in their shells, unfortunately, we live inlnd and they arrive frozen. so i placed these in a baking pan. i melted some butter and sauteed a few cloves of garlic, then poured this over the scallops. i sprinkled them with fresh ground pepper and fresh dill from my garden, then covered all with the sliced lemons. i baked this for 15 minutes at 400f, these were delicious! and great for low carb diets too.