Recipe by Peter J
Another way to enjoy scallops in their shell on the barbecue. If you don't enjoy lemon enough to eat with the rind intact you could also just try sprinkling with lemon juice.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Delicious!! These were so easy to prepare, prefect dish as an appetiser. The only problem I had was there wasn't enough. I altered the serving and made 24 of them. Thank you Peter J
- 6 scallops, lower half of shell retained
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 6 cubes
- 1⁄2 small lemon, very finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a cube of butter into each scallop shell and sprinkle lightly with dill and pepper.
- Place a lemon slice over the top of each scallop.
- Cook over in shell on a medium BBQ grill around 10 minutes or until lemon starts to wilt and scallops are cooked.