Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not only is Canadian Rye (Whiskey) good as a drink it is heaven in this basting sauce. The lamb comes out juicy. Serve this as your main meat for dinner or try it on a bun with mint jelly, onions, tomatoes etc. etc.The servings depend on how you are using it easy 10 if you are putting it on a bun
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Canadian rye whisky (Rye)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- In a bowl stir together the soy, whiskey and brown sugar, srir until the sugar is dissolved, set aside for basting Grease the BBQ grill, high heat,one burner, brown the lamb on all sides (7-10 minutes).
- Turn off the burner under the lamb, turn on the other burner to medium heat Brush lamb with the basting sauce (whiskey sugar& soy).
- Close the lid and cook turning and basting.
- occasionally for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reachs 155- 160F degrees.
- Transfer to cutting board, cover with foil and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Best lamp chops we've ever had. I sprinkled a seasoning salt over chops, and marinated in your sauce for 2 hours in a plastic bag. We cooked them rare, medium and well. It was amazing. Rave reviews at a family party.