Recipe by Bergy
Do not over cook the prawns. If you prefer you can cook the prawns over high heat in a fry pan. Wonderful to cook for company you are only busy for a couple of minutes. Serve with crusty bread & Green salad. Serve as an Appetizer (but this is an expensive app
Top Review by Derf
These are the most succulent, lushious BBQ prawns we have had in a long long time!!! The marinade is sooo delicious, all the ingredients blended so well together and complemented the prawns. We will definately be bbqing these again!! Thanks Bergy!
- 2 lbs large raw green shrimp, peeled,tail on
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the oil, parsley,BBQ sauce, lemon juice,honey, garlic and chives Put prawns in a zip lock bag (or a bowl) and pour in the sauce.
- Rotate to cover all of each prawn, seal bag (cover bowl) and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, rotate a couple of times Preheat BBQ med-high heat.
- BBQ prawns for about 2 minutes each side.