Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "The Pioneer Woman Cooks"...my roommates book...didn't want to lose the recipe!
- 18 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 18 slices thin bacon, cut into halves
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- In a bowl, combine cheeses and onion and mix well.
- Stuff each hollowed jalapeno half with cheese mixture.
- Wrap bacon slices around each half, cover as much of the surface as possible.
- Brush bacon surface with bbq sauce.
- Secure with toothpicks and pop into oven for 1 hr (or until bacon sizzles).
Simalar to a lot of other recipies for poppers but with a little twist. I didn't like the onion in this next time I will leave it out The barbecue sauce gave it a mild sweetness which was nice with the Jalapenos. All in all a good recipe. OOPS! I meant to include that an hour was way too long to bake these, after 45 min mine were good to go, anymore and the bacon would be burnt.