Recipe by dazaspicymeatball
I created this recipe from necessity! I had a craving for jalapeno poppers and had a pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs I needed to cook.(I mean, who hasn't had that dilemma?!)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 jalapenos, split length-wise in half seeded
- 1⁄2 lb hickory smoked bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten each chicken thigh with a heavy pan or meat hammer or whatever you have.
- Stuff each jalapeno halve with about a T of cream cheese.
- Place the jalapeno in the chicken thigh and roll it up (doesn't matter if it closes all the way).
- wrap each chicken thigh with 2 strips of bacon.
- Bake in 325 oven for about an hour
- For best results setup charcoal grill for indirect cooking (charcoal on one side meat on the other).
- Cook low n slow for about 2 hours.
- Baste with bbq sauce the last 30 minutes.