Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was the first recipe I've tried with jackfruit, and it was a hit. This has the meaty satisfaction of a pulled pork sandwich, without the pork. Very easy, forgiving recipe.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans jackfruit, in brine NOT IN SYRUP
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain and rinse jackfruit to remove salt and brine. Break up with fingers or a fork into strips.
- Caramelize onions in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add to crockpot with jackfruit, wine,and barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns.