Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The aroma while cooking is only half as good as they taste. Easy and filling. Use mild Italian if you do not like too spicy or sub Italian meatballs instead of the sausage
- 12 Italian sausages, hot
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 59.16 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 0.78 ml hot pepper sauce
- 3 red peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 yellow peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 green peppers, cleaned & quartered
- 2-3 loaf Italian bread or 2-3 loaf French baguettes or 12 submarine buns
- honey mustard
- Prick the sausages, cover with water and simmer 5-6 minutes, cool in cold water, pat dry and slice in half leaving them joined in the center.
- Heat BBQ medium-hot.
- Combine olive oil,vinegar, oregano, basil, sugar& hot pepper sauce.
- Grill the sausages and the pepper quarters basting with the oil mixture.
- BBq until the sausages and peppers are rich golden color 14-18 minutes.
- Split the buns/bread in half and if using bread cut into serving sizes, leaving them joined at the middle and brush with the oil mixture.
- Remove sausages and keep warm.
- BBQ the oiled bread toast 2-3 minutes.
- Slip a sausage in the bun and a piece of each of the peppers, some mustard and Mmmmm.
I'd somehow manage to eat this if even through a chain link fence.
Delish!! I loved the marinade! I made it in the oven on my grill pan, looking forward to making it again on my BBQ once I find it again...lol.