1/6 Photos of BBQ Italian Sausage & Pepper on a Bun
The aroma while cooking is only half as good as they taste. Easy and filling. Use mild Italian if you do not like too spicy or sub Italian meatballs instead of the sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 Italian sausages, hot
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 red peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 yellow peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 green peppers, cleaned & quartered
- 2 -3 loaves Italian bread or 2 -3 loaves French baguettes or 12 submarine buns
- honey mustard
- 1Prick the sausages, cover with water and simmer 5-6 minutes, cool in cold water, pat dry and slice in half leaving them joined in the center.
- 2Heat BBQ medium-hot.
- 3Combine olive oil,vinegar, oregano, basil, sugar& hot pepper sauce.
- 4Grill the sausages and the pepper quarters basting with the oil mixture.
- 5BBq until the sausages and peppers are rich golden color 14-18 minutes.
- 6Split the buns/bread in half and if using bread cut into serving sizes, leaving them joined at the middle and brush with the oil mixture.
- 7Remove sausages and keep warm.
- 8BBQ the oiled bread toast 2-3 minutes.
- 9Slip a sausage in the bun and a piece of each of the peppers, some mustard and Mmmmm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Italian Sausage & Pepper on a Bun
Serving Size: 1 (3161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.0
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 1307.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g