Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nice change from steak & hamburgers. I love this served with scalloped potatoes and corn on the cob. To cut back on the sweetness & calories use prepared Honet Mustard in place of the honey & mustard. I used apprx 1/3 cup
- 4 ham steaks, 1/2 inch thick or 1 large ham, steack enough for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- glace cherries (optional)
- Remove the rind from the ham and slash the edges at 2" intervals.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients for the glaze.
- BBQ about 6" from heat source, medium-high heat cook on both sides for about 3 minutes each side before basting with glaze Turn frequently basting each time with the glaze total cooking time appr 10-12 minutes.
- Watch that the steak does not burn.
- Decorate with the glazed cherries and serve.
This was very good. I had a small honey ham that I didn't feel like baking, so I sliced it into 3/4 inch steaks. Used dijon for the mustard and balsamic for the vinegar. Also added a bit of maple syrup to the glaze- just watch them carefully!
Yum! A really tasty and quick glaze that was great over some packaged ham steaks.
Really nice flavour - super simple recipe!