Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Oh dear, even my desserts have to be cooked on the BBQ! Although I've said the recipe is two serves I must admit the photo is actually the full quantity that I managed to get through myself.
- 2 medium bananas, split down the middle
- 4 teaspoons honey, slightly warmed so easy to pour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 100 g vanilla ice cream (2 frozen squares)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spoon one teaspoon of honey and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar over the top of each split banana piece.
- Cook on medium barbecue plate for three minutes on each side.
- Place ice-cream into bottom of bowl and top with bananas while still hot. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
YUMMMM!! I quartered my bananas & cooked them up in my cast iron skillet as my grill is buried in snow. YUMMM!!! Made for Aussie Swap 2/14.
OMG is right!!!!
This dessert is so decadent and yummy! I could eat the whole thing myself in one sitting. lol
A truly easy, yet impressive recipe! Great for when youre having a bbq with friends or when you need a pick me up. lol
I have bbqed banans with honey before, but never thought of adding ice cream to it. What a wonderful addition, though! I luved the hot cold contrast and the vanilla touch.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this true classic with us, Peter!
Made and reviewed for the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap August 2010.
Sometimes in life, its the simplest things that are the best and let me say this recipe is one of the simplest and best. Follwed the recipe exactly and the family just adored this. Thanks Pater.