Prep 3 hrs
Cook 17 mins
Superb combination of flavors! Lamb is a heavenly meat once you acquire a taste for it. Serve lamb with fresh peas, baby carrots and new potatoes MMMmmmmmm
- 4 sirloin lamb chops, 1" thick
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Place chops in a large zip lock bag.
- Pour marinade into the bag with the chops,seal bag.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours, turn several times to coat the chops.
- Heat BBQ to medium High.
- Have heat 5" from the chops.
- Sear chops for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium low and cook for a further 12 minutes, brush with the marinade.
- Adjust this time to suit how you like your chops.
- Garnish with mint leaves& serve.
A definite 5*, will be on our barbecue menus over the months ahead!
This was absolutely Devine!Did,t alter a thing I served it with Steamed baby potatoes,grilled tomatoes and honey glazed carrots
Cooked this for my parents - using a rack of lamb and baking on the BBQ - needed extra liquid for the baking but they loved the flavour - and it turned out moist and tender. Thanks for a great recipe Bergy!