Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A coworker makes this and it's the best chicken I've ever had, but he won't give up the recipe. I adapted this from several on the Internet, combined with what I know about his preparation. Time to marinate overnight is not included.
- 5 lbs bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 cups light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Marinate chicken pieces in other ingredients overnight.
- Parboil chicken in marinade 20 minutes.
- Grill 5 minutes per side until done.