Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Make and share this BBQ hash recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a stock pot, ad d onions and garlic, season thoroughly with salt and lots of pepper, cook until clear, then add meat.
- Sear well, stirring to make sure all pieces heat evenly.
- Add tomatoes and appx 4-6 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, add carrots.
- Boil for appx 1 hour, then add potatoes.
- Add seasonings if desired (I use a barbecue rub, or simply add my favorite bbq sauce, 1/2 cup or so. The real flavor comes from the meat and tomatoes, though).
- Cook, loosely covered, on medium heat for appx 3 hours until meat has fallen apart, tomatoes are completely cooked away, and potatoes have cooked apart.
- Stir continuously while cooking to keep from burning.
- Serve over rice.
Thanks Danielle! I will give this a try. It sounds delicous!! Have a TERRIFIC Week!