Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are a sure fire appetizer or dinner side. Even the person who dislikes tomatoes will ask for more. What better way to enjoy anything than from the BBQ.
- 2 tomatoes (beefsteak, Roma, etc.)
- parmesan cheese
- feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- italian seasoning
- Just a quick note; if you want a rich and sweet flavourful tomato, use Roma tomatoes.
- Preheat the BBQ to around 250 F (I usually grill these after I've taken the main dish off the BBQ).
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Chop or press garlic cloves into oil and vinegar.
- Wash tomatoes and cut the stem end and slice a piece off the other end to give a flat surface.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Brush the cut side with olive oil and place on grill (watch for flare-up).
- Grill for about 1-2 minutes or until the grill face is slightly browned.
- Turn over and spoon the mixture of oil/vinegar/garlic onto the sliced face again watch for flare-up.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the entire surface.
- Break up feta onto the sliced surface.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the entire surface.
- By now the tomatoes should be cooked or grill for another minute (I look for the skin to be slightly peeling off and then I remove from grill.