GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
Low heat on a charcoal fire is perfect for grilling these bundles. Over low heat, fat renders out of the prosciutto, causing it to shrink and tightly grip the asparagus bundles. I often lay 1/2 of the charcoal on one side of the grill for a hot fire and the other 1/2 for a low fire, for cooking vegetables like these.This recipe is one I found in "Cuisine at Home" magazine. It is a wonderful side dish to "dress up" your outdoor grilled dinner menu.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat grill and insure that the coals are not too hot.
- 2Wrap two bundles of 5 - 6 spears of asparagus, each with one slice of prosciutto.
- 3Secure prosciutto with a toothpick where needed.
- 4Season with pepper.
- 5Grill over low heat, turning once.
- 6Grill until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Grilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: