Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low heat on a charcoal fire is perfect for grilling these bundles. Over low heat, fat renders out of the prosciutto, causing it to shrink and tightly grip the asparagus bundles. I often lay 1/2 of the charcoal on one side of the grill for a hot fire and the other 1/2 for a low fire, for cooking vegetables like these.This recipe is one I found in "Cuisine at Home" magazine. It is a wonderful side dish to "dress up" your outdoor grilled dinner menu.
- Preheat grill and insure that the coals are not too hot.
- Wrap two bundles of 5 - 6 spears of asparagus, each with one slice of prosciutto.
- Secure prosciutto with a toothpick where needed.
- Season with pepper.
- Grill over low heat, turning once.
- Grill until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
Delicious! I wrapped each stalk individually. 1lb asparagus and 1/2 lb meat.