Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This was the recipe of the week from the Slim Lines column by Alva Carpenter of the Thursday magazine's issue dated Jan 15-21'04. Enjoy!
- 90 ml water
- 45 ml soy sauce
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 4 cm pcs.
- 1 1⁄2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 4 cm pcs.
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, peeled,washed and quartered
- 12 large mushroom caps
- In a glass baking dish, combine the first 6 ingredients together.
- Add the chicken pcs.
- Mix well to coat the chicken with the remaining ingredients.
- Marinate for 2 hours atleast in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your grill in the meantime.
- Remove the chicken pcs.
- from the marinade.
- Boil the marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Alternate the chicken pcs.
- and the vegetables on skewers.
- Grill 15 cm from medium-hot coals for 15-20 minutes, or until done, turning and basting every few minutes with the marinade.
- Serve hot.
I used red pepper and I renounced to mushrooms, as we had mushrooms in an other dish yet.
Yammi, the marinade come out well and we used the rest of the marinade as described.
I loved the huge quantity of lemon. This dish, served cold can make a great salad too!
Thanks for posting it!