Recipe by Oolala
I like the ingredients here and my kids even admitted that it was good! This goes into a foil packet and it is a slow cooked on the grill in indirect heat on a low setting. It's cooked in 25-30 minutes.
- 1 head cabbage, core removed, quartered
- 1 vidalia onion, can use other sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, can us margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt, adjust to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, adjust to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat BBQ grill for cooking over low indirect fire (250 degrees F. on a gas grill).
- Place each cabbage quarter on a sheet of aluminum foil which is large enough to completely wrap the cabbage.
- Rub 1 tablespoons of butter over each wedge.
- Sprinkle each wedge with season salt and pepper.
- Slice the onion into 4 thick slices and place a slice on top of each cabbage wedge.
- Wrap the cabbage in the foil tightlyt and place on the grill for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Move the packet to ensure cooking on both sides.
- Carefully open the packet to avoid a steam burn.
- Serve warm.