Recipe by GefM
For the people who like BBQ'ing. This is the best way to enjoy scallops! Scallops, Bacon, Maple syrup, and your BBQ, 'nuf said!
Top Review by DeniseBC
This recipe has potential! These were good, but we needed to cook them longer for the bacon to be done to our liking. Also, perhaps our scallops were smaller sea scallops, but we only used about a third of a slice of bacon around each scallop and that was plenty. Next time I'll also use leaner bacon than what I had on hand. I probably would also space them apart on the skewers somewhat so that the bacon cooks more. Don't take all those suggestions to mean we didn't like them; we'll definitely make them again with some adjustments!
- 8 sea scallops (4 per person)
- 8 slice bacon
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce (preferably a smoky one)
- wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak long wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes (available from the dollar store).
- Preheat BBQ to about 250°F.
- Mix BBQ sauce and Maple syrup.
- Wrap bacon around each scallop and thread onto a skewer (4 on each).
- Place each skewer on the grill.
- Sear for about 2 minutes each side.
- Spoon or brush BBQ sauce/Maple syrup mixture over entire skewer each turn.
- Grill and turn every 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill after about 8 minutes. The longer they are left on the crispier and somewhat chewier they will be.