Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy recipe from a supermarket card at Shop Rite. Made with ingredients you're likely to have in the house.
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan, cook the onion in hot oil until tender.
- Stir in the preserves, ketchup, vinegar and ginger and bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill chicken, uncovered, until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F.), turning once and brushing with sauce only during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Reheat remaining sauce and pass along with chicken.
I pulled this from the freezer and baked it the other night. I served it with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. It was good, but needed a little *something* more. Maybe red pepper flakes?