Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
i got this recipe from a friend. started making it at our bbq's because it is "kid friendly". but i occasionally make it just for us, because it is just really good.
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 strips bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- brown bacon and onion in saucepan.
- when browned, add brown sugar, beans, and bbq sauce.
- place in casserole dish and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours.
I love this recipe, I've been making it for years. The only difference is I cook it in the microwave until heated through after browning the bacon in a pan. Turns out perfect and takes just a few minutes. Also I make my bbq sauce so I know it's going to be good.
Recipe should have only cooked for an hour if that, had to throw it away, everything burned!
Very good, but the directions should have included that you should bake without being covered. I covered it and it was real soupy, but the favor was very good.