Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I absolutely love this meatball recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, oats, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 cup onion. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, garlic, sugar, 1/4 cup onion, and liquid smoke. Pour evenly over the meatballs.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour in the preheated oven, until the minimum internal temperature of a meatball reaches 160 degrees F (72 degrees C).