Recipe by Dannygirl
A delicious way to prepare a roast.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I used a 3 lb. roast and cooked it to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. It was a little bit more on the well done side than I prefer so next time I will cook it to about 145 degrees. I loved the flavor of the topping and the sauce. My roast and sauce looked exactly like the pictures. I would recommend this recipe to others and will make it again.
- 2 -3 lbs top sirloin roast
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup bold barbecue sauce (I use Bull's Eye)
- 2 tablespoons beef stock powder
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large roasting pan, pour in red wine.
- Place beef roast on wire rack.
- Combine barbecue sauce, beef stock powder and crushed garlic and spice blend.
- Spoon onto roast and spread over the roast with the back of your spoon.
- Cover and bake to desired doneness (I do 3 hours and it is just under well-done).
- When cooked, remove roast and wire rack from pan.
- Place pan on cooktop burner and set to medium high.
- Combine COLD water and cornstarch, stir until smooth.
- When sauce is bubbling, pour in cornstarch mixture and stir constantly.
- Sauce will thicken and darken.
- When gravy has reached desired consistency, remove from heat and serve.