A delicious way to prepare a roast.
Make and share this BBQ & Garlic Crusted Roast Sirloin W/ Wine Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large roasting pan, pour in red wine.
- Place beef roast on wire rack.
- Combine barbecue sauce, beef stock powder and crushed garlic and spice blend.
- Spoon onto roast and spread over the roast with the back of your spoon.
- Cover and bake to desired doneness (I do 3 hours and it is just under well-done).
- When cooked, remove roast and wire rack from pan.
- Place pan on cooktop burner and set to medium high.
- Combine COLD water and cornstarch, stir until smooth.
- When sauce is bubbling, pour in cornstarch mixture and stir constantly.
- Sauce will thicken and darken.
- When gravy has reached desired consistency, remove from heat and serve.
I used a 3 lb. roast and cooked it to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. It was a little bit more on the well done side than I prefer so next time I will cook it to about 145 degrees. I loved the flavor of the topping and the sauce. My roast and sauce looked exactly like the pictures. I would recommend this recipe to others and will make it again.
Haven't made a beef roast in ages..I used this recipe for a 2lb roast and the results were delicious! Spicy, rich gravy, tantalizing crust on the outside of the roast, and the most amazing aromas (garlic predominating) wafting through the house while cooking. After an hour in the oven, I added veggies for roasting - nugget potatoes, carrots, onions, and needed another hour and 20 min. Roast was well done, and the veggies were delicious. Didn't have a roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix, and used 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes instead. Your pictures are great, Dannygirl...my gravy looked just like that! Thanks so much for posting.