Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe is from my niece by marriage, Stephanie. She hails from Baton Rogue, LA and shared this with us.
- 1 quart oil
- 2 dozen shucked and drained oysters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- Preheat oil in a large deep fry pot to 350 degrees.
- Place the oysters in a small mixing bowl; add liquid smoke and let soak for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl or plastic bag, sift together the chili powder, flour, cayenne pepper, onion/garlic powder, and hickory salt; add oysters and shake to coat.
- Deep fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and pass the hot sauce!