Recipe by fatkid@heart
yummy crispy fried chicken with a kick of bbq flavor... no sauce needed! I was playing around with my food processer one day and created this delicious recipe! You don'y need a food processor for this but it helps.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (whichever flavor is your favorite.)
- 1 (11 ounce) bagbbq flavor potato chips (crunched up)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- pound chicken thin with a meat mallet or anything heavy, then salt and pepper lightly.
- pour BBQ sauce into a bowl, place chicken in BBQ sauce making sure all the chicken is coated. cover tightly and let marinate for 40 minutes.
- put potato chips in food proceesor or crunch them in the bag. combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. mix the dry ingredients with potato chips and set aside until chicken is finished marinating.
- once the chicken is finished the BBQ bath, press the coated chicken strips into chips and flour mixture, until the chicken is completely covered.
- heat oil to 350 degrees in deep fryer or a heavy skillet. once the oil is hot fry the chicken peices for about 3 - 5 minutes each.
- drain off excess gease and serve hot.
- Don't be surprised when they are gone within seconds of being on the table!