Recipe by LAURIE
This is so good for any leftover roast that you may have. I calls for 3 lbs but it can be halved to accomodate a smaller amount. Try it over noodles or mashed potatoes...
Top Review by KeyWee
This was very good ~ you can't really mess this up! I tossed it all in the crockpot and left it all day. It was great on warm rolls. The only substitutions I made were to use a large can of tomato sauce in place of the tomato paste (my husband likes a lot of sauce)and I didn't have any cider vinegar so just threw in a splash of balsamic. I used about a half a bottle of hickory-flavored bbq sauce. We had leftover pork roast and I would definitely make this again!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons gravy, from leftover roast
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 -18 ounces barbecue sauce (1 small bottle)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 lbs cooked beef roast or 3 lbs pork roast
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute is a large pan the butter/gravy, garlic, onion and celery, until tender.
- Cut meat into small cubes.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients into veggie mixture.
- Heat at least until warmed through, or let simmer for about 1 hour until slightly thickened.
- This also works well put into a crockpot on low for 4-5 hours.