Love this simple but delicious noodle soup on a cold wet rainy day. Great meal in one. Total comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 red chilies, seeded and halved
- 8 slices ginger or 8 slices galangal
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice (use the big lime)
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 2 sprigs coriander
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck, deboned and chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 150 g dried ramen noodles
- bean sprouts, to garnish
- red chile, to garnish
- coriander, to garnish (cilentro)
- 3 bunches bok choy (optional)
- white pepper
- 1Combine stock and water into saucepan and heat till liquid is simmering.
- 2Add, galangal, chillies and lime juice to saucepan.
- 3Bruise lemon grass and coriander (to release flavour), and add to saucepan.
- 4Simmer liquid for 20 minutes.
- 5Strain liquid, and return to saucepan.
- 6Heat liquid with duck and shallots.
- 7Boil Ramen noodles in separate saucepan for 3-5 minutes or till tender.
- 8Drain noodles.
- 9Add noodles and bak choy (optional the bak choy) to soup stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Ladle soup to serving bowls, garnishing with bean sprouts, chilli strips and coriander.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste (I don't think it's needed).
- 12Enjoy hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Duck And Ramen Soup
Serving Size: 1 (842 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 789.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese barbecued duck