Recipe by Peter J
A slightly different way to cook curried scallops on a barbecue grill plate. The curry paste can be made before hand so they can be quickly slapped on the BBQ at your next get together. They were quite hot with the home-made curry powder I used but are made for a side dish of only one or two each scallops. Besides you should never be having a BBQ without a cold beer in hand!
- 6 fresh scallops, lower half of shell retained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red capsicums, finely diced (bell pepper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place curry powder, cumin and coriander into a small saucepan and mix well.
- Add capsicum (bell pepper) and stir in coconut milk.
- Place over medium heat and cook until thickened, stirring often.
- Pour equal amounts of curry paste over each scallop.
- Place scallop shells on a medium BBQ grill plate and cook until curry is starting to bubble.