Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pork chops in BBQ sauce enhanced with a bit of apple juice, chili powder. With chopped onions, bell peppers and sliced sweet potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops (each 6oz. 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- In large skillet heat oil and brown both sides of chops.
- Put onions, bell peppers in bottom of crock pot, sprinkle with tapioca, layer sweet potato slices over veggies, top with pork chops.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in small bowl, pour over chops, cover crock pot, cook on low setting 6-8 hours til meat is tender.
My family loved this. What I liked was having a the sweet potatoes cooked in the sauce. I will be making this recipe again.