Recipe by PA-Dave
I made this Oriental-themed crab the other night. I've had something similar before, but it was years ago. Works well with endive. Alternately, you could use this as an up-scale version of the ubiquitous crab-cocktail sauce-cream cheese dip. Enjoy.
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 24 leaves endive
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat BBQ, Hoisin, ginger root and garlic over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add crab, nuts and crystallized ginger. Stir gently until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and fold in cucumber.
- Put about 1 Tbsp of mixture on each of 24 endive leaves. Serve.