Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is another recipe that I want to try for ribs. I have tried many, but can't find that ONE the family and everyone raves about. From Southern Living.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- Heat the bacon grease a saucepan. Saute the celery and onion in the bacon drippings over medium high heat unti tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, honey, 1/2 cup water, red wine, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1 cup water and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Grill the ribs, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300º-350ºF) 1 - 1 1/2 hours, spraying with vinegar solution and turning ribs occasionally, and basting with 1 cup of the tomato sauce mixture every 30 minute.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.