Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really tasty and healthy dish for the BBQ, or could be done in the oven as well.
- 2 medium mushrooms (your favorite variety)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 tablespoons cottage cheese
- Remove stalks from mushrooms and stuff with cottage cheese until level with the top and sprinkle a little ground pepper over the top.
- Cook on an oiled BBQ plate with hood down but away from direct heat - so well to the side of of a burner that is turned on. Pick the coolest spot in your BBQ.
- In around 20-30 minutes you should see the top of the mushrooms turning soft and dark in color, they are ready to serve at that point.
Love the ease and simplicity! I had some quark on hand (European cottage cheese to use up) and this was perfect! Next time I can see myself adding roasted red capsicum or speck! Thanks Peter J! Made as part of the AUS/NZ May Recipe Swap!
I make these all the time - they are so tasty the only difference is that I sprinkle on some hot chili flakes and usually do them in the toaster oven - heat set at 375, uncovered for apprx 20 minutes or until the cottage cheese is all bubbly and starting to brown- Thanks for reminding me to make these again Thanks for posting PeterJ 24 May 09 Made these again I had forgotten how good they are Mmmm 5 April 2010 Yep made them again - this time I had some left over chopped Jalapenos so I mixed them into the Cottage cheese Mmmmmmm- Lovely - I used very large brown mushrooms. And yet again 23 May 10 This time I chopped a roasted garlic clove in each mushroom cap and sprinkled Adobo spice on top Love these cottage cheese stuffed muchroom
Very easy, and very tasty!! Will make again.Really enjoyed these! Thanks for sharing!